Amending names for deposit

My tenants split up and one of them wishes to remain at the property. The tenant that stays wants me to transfer the deposit on her name.
Am I allowed to do that?

Hi Anna, yes you can initiate a repayment of the deposit at any time. You can initiate the payment on the deposit scheme website.


Hi Sam. So once I initiate the repayment of the deposit I can request to submit it back but with only 1 name on it? Do I need an approval from the tenant that’s about to leave?