Registered offices

If they are in arrears I would issue a section 8 rather than a 21 as I believe the courts are dealing with these first.

Thanks for your reply-they’ve registered the business without contractual permissions. I have proof of tenant ID, proof of legal ownership, etc. I think companies House need to wake up to these rent smokescreens, & those who make the rules for all I know they’ve told them it’s their property, more people working from home, tenants treated like they’ve got the whip hand. Wakey wakey…

Companies House generally just accept what people send them without question. Their bark is also significantly worse than their bite: they send out letters telling directors that not filing etc is a criminal offence (eg re the annual confirmation statement: “It is also a criminal offence not to file a confirmation statement within 14 days of the end of the review period. If prosecuted, officers may face an unlimited fine.”), but the worst that they do is to strike the company off if nothing is filed.

1 Like

I’m still getting a full picture of their shinanighans - how much more can their be. Thanks for your reply.

I would use a solicitor to evict
The pandemic has resulted in more complicated paperwork
You must communicate with the tenant to make sure you know how the pandemic has affected them etc etc

If you think about all those tenants working from home now, it’s going to be a busy time for the courts when landlords discover how little the governance is on setting up a business at any old adr, no ID, no checks, no reprimands, & more hassle for the honest landlords who are providing a service to assist councils who sold stock & now want it back cos they’re under pressure from tenants that have too many rights-sorry but it’s true!

1 Like

I’m going to wait until 31.05.21 & see if it reverts back to 8 wks 1st & yes got a solicitor already- I’m thinking they’ve told companies house our property is theirs, which I’ll put a stop to them using on a registered company database. Bye bye tenants. I do think a feature on Openrent working from home tenants is appropriate at the present. Thanks for your reply :+1:

1 Like

Friend of mine is a single person ltd ,he doesn’t require an actual office cause of the nature of his business. He was advised that as an address of the company he can put the home address, he’s renting, as it’s needed for correspondence, and it doesn’t breach a tenancy agreement or breaks any law. Its not physically used as an office. I understand that your issue with tenants goes much further than registering the house as an “office” and you’re looking into anything that could help you to get them out . What I don’t understand is why you mentioned the fact they’re not UK citizens . If they have registered company or work here it means they’re UK residents , if they were here illegally you wouldn’t rent them in a first place?
Yes there is much more people working from home whether is rented one or they own it .How is that an issue I don’t know. It’s great that people are still able to work and not claim UC etc . A good tenant is only the one that goes out to work ?

I’m sorry you’ve trouble with your tenants and hope it will all get resolved. But let’s not put everyone in one box.

They won’t have told Companies House anything apart from that is the address that the company can be contacted at. Companies House don’t care who owns it or whether they can contractually use that address. As long as it is a physical address that they can send notices to, that is all that matters to Companies House. They won’t get involved in a contractual dispute.

Look it’s contractual it breaches mortgage insurance on a leasehold property it causes a nuisance.
I simply asked for advice from those on OpenRent that can offer help. It seems to have developed into something more. However I have enough issues with tenants without people pointing the finger at me, so I’m going to close down this conversation as it’s unfair.

This topic has now been closed at the request of the original poster