Rent cap, plan to exit

Another nail in the coffin, tenants putting pressure on the govt for rent caps! heard of it?

I do think that it is ridiculous that a tenat canbe paying rent at say e g 1000£ amonth and be up to date but cannot get a mortgage for the same amount . It is not fair. Best way for rents to come down is for more houses to rent to be built ,more supply

2 Likes

Well it depends, my sister has rented 15 years but always says she wants to buy, she spends £1100 on rent each month so could easily cover a mortgage, EXCEPT she is snobby and refuses to go and live somewhere she can afford the mortgage for, she would rather rent in a posh area then complain about how the rent could have paid for a house than ever consider an area she can actually afford!

1 Like

we have all probably started of in a modest house then worked our way “onwards” £1100 a month is a lot of rent .PS there are some great shared ownership houses and deals around.

yes, the rent is high because posh area! she’s basically a snob and therefore has no house and no money! I wonder how many other people are in a similar situation. four miles from where she lives houses are one-third of the price of the area she is in.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.