TENANT CURRENTLY OFF SICK NOW 4 WEEKS on DUE TO CV

Totally WRONG landlords DO have to pay it back its not free it is tagged on to the end of the mortgage same with home OWNERS it still has to be paid onto the morgtage .It is not free "dont have to pay it back " where did that come from , That is stupid…PS the only funny thing is that some people on medication, legal and illegal , will probably believe nothing has to be paid back ever.

3 Likes

Landlords do have to pay it back, and pay extra interest as a result.

Why the confusion?

Both parties are bound by their agreements and both parties have to pay what they agreed to pay, even if the ‘provider’ allows a delay in payment.

2 Likes

John 45 I think he is just trying to wind up landlords, there will be a reason for that, but we dont know it

2 Likes

Ignorance I think, as seen in many other discussions on this forum.

I hope you fare well with the forthcoming downturn in business. You are a good man, and I wish you well.

2 Likes

All parties (tenants and landlords) have to pay back.

There is nothing confusing about that.

3 Likes

Tracy 9 some people just cant help lying and in the end exagerating their own" importance" I say to these people… I dont believe you… You are a Liar… That why we need a rogue tenants list. Some hope there !!

2 Likes

Are you actually a landlord or a disgruntled, uninformed tenant?

2 Likes

Colin, you are so insightful.
Think place wouldn’t be the same without you.
Think you may have hit the nail on the head with the medication !

Landlords do have to pay it back it is added to the mortgage duration. Not only that, but for the months missed, each month there is extra Interest to pay, so ultimately it will and does cost more to take the payment holiday. Tenants don’t pay interest of missed payments or reduced rent to the landlord so ultimately landlords have to pick up the extra cost. Remember this is their only income to some landlords. Property is unlikely to have been handed to them, they have invested in property instead of a pension or shares. No one gave it to us we worked 2/3 jobs over many many years and also probably didn’t drink smoke or spend money on fast clothes or waste money. I started off renting for years and respected my landlord and home at that time.
Clearly naivety and being misinformed doesn’t help some tenants to understand.
Lastly there is t my help for landlords either as it’s not a business or classed as self employed- it comes under land and property so no help from
The government but still our bills have to be met.

2 Likes

I am sure Malcom 1 will appologise very soon. I will (ha ha ) wait with baited breath ( I ve never understood what that meant)

1 Like

Malcolm , I believe you’ve been misinformed. Please allow me to clarify.
Landlords CAN request a mortgage holiday but they DO have to Agree to pay any outstanding payments at a later date. … so please check your facts before posting your BS on here !!!

2 Likes

In fact not only do they have to pay it back at a later date they have to pay interest at the time of the missed payments so basically they are paying for the benefit of the payment holiday.

Tracey Miller

1 Like

Exactly Tracey.
Some tenants interpret this concession In order not to pay rent… how very convenient . It might have helped if the government had been absolutely specific that any outstanding rents had to be paid via a payment plan and it was “not a rent free of charge period“

1 Like

You want clear goverment ? Politicians barely know how to answer a question with a straight yes or no !!

Hi Collin , your absolutely right the wonderful politicians use the phrase “to be clear” at every verse end!! The trouble has always been they do very little to provide clarification on most issues thats why some Landlords are experiencing belligerent Tenants who think it’s open season to live for free

1 Like