Breathing space

Frustratingly my tenant had applied for breathing space which I only found out 5 mins before the hearing for Section 8 under arrears. The hearing was adjourned until breathing space expires in 2 months/60 days! I’d not been notified beforehand and still dont have any information regarding who the debt advisor was. Ive contacted the court but there is no record of breathing space on the system. What do I do??? Apart from writing to the court, I’m open to suggestions/advice as many solicitors are unsure about breathing space rules.

This is exhausting, mainly from the broken system then the rogue tenant itself.

Is it a debt related breathing space or a mental health breathing space? My understanding is that its only historic debts that a frozen, and the tenant is supposed to pay rent in full during the breathing space.

Yeah I can imagine your correct david122.

Its debt related - they are given 60 days to be ‘seen’ to resolve the issue. Like they need it! 2+ months in arrears isnt enough that we have to add more? Technically yes they have to continue to pay rent through breathing space but if they dont then the landlords debts are only increasing. This also gives my rogue tenant more time to pick holes in the paperwork and look for counter claims to void the section 8 through penalties.

As it stands, I have no notice or order about what happens next except wait out the 2 months until next court date and watch the space.

I think that if they don’t pay during the breathing space you can apply immediately to have it reviewed.