How to get holding deposit back when landlord pulls out of tenancy agreement


I recently paid a holding deposit of £200 for a flat, all referencing went through fine (of which the payments for them came out of my holding deposit). The landlord has now told us we can no longer move in to the flat due to personal reasons, so I need to know how I go about getting my holding deposit back?

Thank you.