How to send pre tenancy questions to prospective tenant

I am a new landlord and have listed my first property. How do I send my own pre-tenancy questions to the tenant before I arrange a viewing? And what format do they need to be in?

Many thanks

1 Like

When they request a viewing just ask them the questions you want to ask. I send a message back thus…Before I arrange a viewing I need to ask a few questions , Do you have any children? ( Pick any questions you want to ask) Is this just for yourself? Are you in work? How old are you? Do you smoke? Do you have any pets? Are you o k with a reference check? Some will not reply and there is your answer . Delete them . There are a lot of chancers out there. Keep the faith… after you have done this for a while you will realise why I say this

5 Likes

Hi @maz.m, you can find instruction on how to set up auto-reply and screening questions here!

Let me know if that’s not clear so I can make it better in future :slight_smile:
Sam

1 Like

Thank you. I have managed to work it out. So simple when you know how!

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out how to use the pre-screening facility. The blog here https://blog.openrent.co.uk/how-to-vet-tenants-with-pre-viewing-questions/#more-help implies you can set up a series of questions that are passed to interested prospects. But it’s not clear how you ask such questions. The “default screening” button turns on something (which seems to be based on the tick-list preferences) and the “tenant auto-reply” seems to be intended for generic text.

How do you ask the type of questions in the linked blog?