Landlord has given me a tenancy on a b and b told me it was residential its not

Im.unsure what the council will do .can they just evict us or?ppl on street are saying theyve told council im.living here and im not allowed so im nervous now

start at the begining and tell everything that has happened

Particularly what documents you’ve signed.

Hi i started renting a house in dec 2022 thought was residential but now been told its not.ive signed a year tenancy now on rolling i guess as no new tenancy been signed.
Thanks

what do you mean by saying its not residential? Is it a flat in a house ? Who told you it is not residential? What does it say on your council tax bill ?

Hi sorey yes it was a b and b the bill says this address but i believe thats just for the room in the basement,the whole street was b and bs some have gone residential, ppl on this street saying its not been changed ive checked on the council website and their has been no plans for the change at all.at presant itbsayd its still c1 category thanks

I meant to say i believe the council tax may relate to basement.their is 2 rooms down their.it isnt clear on the counil tax bill thanks

Im.just worried about eviction

i am not familiar with the law in your case

class C! is a boarding house type of place . Therefore commercial use ,and then some convert to residential status. How this affects you as a “guest” probably means you do not have security to stay there.

C1 is like hotel.etc.hes given me a ast so a tenancy…

are there other people in the house with an agreement just like you have ?

No i rent entire building with my children.its 11 rooms

I do have a AST signed for when i 1st moved in

I think this is probably more the landlords problem. I think that your AST would be upheld if you went to court and the Council would then have to take action against the landlord. That action might involve evicting you or it might involve the landlord applying to change the planning class of the building.

The landlord may be able to evict you using s21 if he has complied with all the rules, but I dont fancy his chances of evicting you using s8 based on this being a registered bed and breakfast accommodation.

Call the Shelter helpline for a more in-depth opinion.

1 Like

I would sit tight ,keep my head down, pay the rent and hope for the best

Well everybody on street know im here inhave 7 kids so get seen often.the ppl next door and over road have said they reported me last week so i will be getting a visit this coming week so not sure what fhey can do .

Yes david i will be calling again monday tried friday but unfortunately couldnt get through.i did pay a deposit and no gas check done due dec 2023 thanka for advice