Lets talk about my landlord

The tap fitted the wrong way around will still work okay, you have had many minor problems but I feel for you as well as the LL. I have a handfull of properties and my tenants are luckly, any problems I am there the next day and being an ex htg eng I can fix just about anything. When I was away on holiday I had to get tradesmen in who not only did shoddy work that I had to do again later, they charged a fortune.
If I couldnt fix myself I would sell up as workmen these days have no morals ,go for the biggest pay day, let you down and dont give one.

So it doesnt have to be the LL fault, things have changed since covid, no one cares.

3 Likes

Worst tradesman British Gas, lied, cheated and charged me £700 to swap a pump that took them 2 days. Its an hours job tops.

1 Like

I certainly agree re tradesmen. It is very difficult to get any decent ones even if you pay huge rates.
Of course they have their problems too. Customers can be very unreasonable.
The telly programs where they fairly say " take down this wall, fit a new kitchen etc with the spare £500" amaze me it always costs very much more than they seem to imply and be more complicated.
We have been in this house for 8 years now and have yet to find a decent plumber, electrician or builder. Our original good plumber and the builder both retired and did not recommend that we use the guys taking over the business from them!

3 Likes

Why oh why do they never meet each other ??

I think lots of landlords book their friends to save money. I have no issue with this if they at least turn up when they say and make an attempt to do the job. But not turning up, cancelling to next day, saying will be late and not turning up, then weeks have passed no wonder people are fed up!

1 Like