Letting via Council's Housing Authority?

Amaia You are in Madrid? Dont do it you will regret it

Always considered myself an experienced landlord,but…… a certain London housing trust made my life hell when I agreed to handover on a 3 year contract

My inventory not accepted-indeed inventory concept not considered

My involvement with tenant NOT allowed-council are my tenant Im told
Spending hours with police ,and very same council complaining of criminal behaviour of" MY"

When I announce I wanted to end tenancy this was refused

Later THEY announced ;
They wanted to cancel ,then later extend without my permission-its in the contract stupid I am told

Eventually they leave and my flat is a bomb site
New fawn carpet so filthy you could not recognise colour…and they had stolen most of furniture

As there was NO inventory no liability Im told

None of this was ever made clear however at contract signing-and no copy was available o me for 10 days

Im sure others will have better experiences but don’t rely on any form of honesty or integrity -they simply want to get these people of their books!

Doctor David Noble

1 Like

David17 I have never let thru the council but i would not trust any council who wants to place a tenant with me. The very fact they are looking to place is a warning signal. A good tenant will find their own place. I would NEVER trust what the council say, they have people to house, targets to meet, they WILL hide the truth , whilst making out that you are getting a great deal They do not want any liability ,they want the Landlord to take it.

1 Like

Hi I’m on housing and was in the middle of renting a new house after the one I have been in for ten years doing nothing but improving it (new bathroom , carpets , new garden ) my new house has been put on hold because of the covid however I am 3 wks behind on the rent and want to be totally honest . I have used some food a food shop as I have a disabled son and I’m his carer . I do get housing benefits. Will I get evicted if I pay my rent once my next payment goes in ? I’ve never been late before but my land lord is being very abusive towards me because of this situation

colin is correct

I would never let to a council…but. it was the financial crisis
I chose a housing trust-a large one

In hindsight

I asked for a copy of lease before signing-none was forthcoming
when I went to their office they kept me waiting two floors down
They briefly showed up with ONE copy ,please sign and a copy will be sent

I was suspicious,but, the need to let overcame me

Older and wiser

Lets hope we are not faced with the same position this year

Doctor David Noble

You are in a cleft stick, being a little bit behind in rent is not too bad , we will all be a bit behind in everything. You cannot be evicted Sounds as if your Landlord is a" bad lad"

1 Like

Thank you for your reassurance,I understand my benefits paid rent but I can’t even get paracetamol for my disabled son so yes I did need to get some food . In ten years I’ve done nothing but put his property right .

image so annoying wen you just want a hone but scared to report

I am up in Merseyside and have been able to get paracetamol but only just 2 days ago… You are possibly in an area where rentals are in big demand . I am a builder so do my own repairs and would not put up with windows as in your picture. If you are being pressured go to your local council. You have the right to quiet enjoyment of a decent property

Hi if your property is in essex and has a garden with two bedrooms I would like to know more about it I work full time and I’m after a garden I’m willing to pay up to £800 pm kind regards

Hi

No I’m afraid our property is based down in the lovely county of Cornwall !