Missed rent 2 month

Vincent - going on this thread (as I have no other evidence)
Your apparent attitude seems shortsighted.
You say you have tight margins, therefore I assume you have a material mortgage - In this scenario, I suggest you contact your lender about payment holidays under Covid terms so as to temporarily resolve your cashflow issues until tenant catches up.
In the case of sophiegurl, this is currently a cashflow only issue. Hopefully its remains that way, in which case all will be plain sailing in a little while.

Starting eviction on the above evidence would be morally repugnant and also difficult to enforce with current Covid legislation. You would then likely be left with a void period.

If you have tight margins and no mortgage, perhaps you should consider alternative income streams?

I speak as a landlord

1 Like

He is so lucky to have you. I have a tenant who has paid once on time, and always in arrears, plan never work out. Its not a acceptable you pay for carpets. Unless the rent is well below market rate, id move.

1 Courts only open thsi or next week
2 there is a massive back log
3 no one can be evicted for 3 months under current regs
4 Pay as you planned, he cannot evict you for that
5 In 4 months time you will be back on track

So don’t worry, if you are that committed no reasonable landlord would treat you that way.

2 Likes

Rent as of Friday will be back up up to date, Thankyou for all the advice given over the last few month.

3 Likes

Congratulations, that’s great to hear.

1 Like