Possession order granted

I’ve been granted a possession order today in the county court under a ground 8 with a 14 day limit to leave the house. I’m doubtful that these tenants will actually leave so I’m already thinking of bailiffs. Can I already apply or do I need to wait till after 04/02/20? When I do apply can I use the accelerated process through the high court? I’d very much appreciate a step by step guide on what I should do now and the best and indeed fastest way forward.

contact a baliff service now for their advice

1 Like

Have you had any prior experience with county court bailiffs or would you advise escalating this to the High Court for enforcement?

i have not had to do this at all . which is why I would ask a bailiff for advice

Hi Declan, I don’t have person experience of this, but my understanding is that once your possession notice expires (i.e. after the 14 days), you have to apply for a warrant of possession. Once the warrant is issued, the court will send you a date by which its own bailiffs will repossess the property on your behalf.

I wrote a guide here. The most relevant post for you is the thid one.

Sam

Yes thanks for this. I done some research yesterday and I also called and spoke to the county court. I need to fill in an N325 and they advised that it’s best to hand deliver it to the court on 5th February. The court will issue the warrant of Possession the same day and send the warrant to the Bailliff the following morning.

1 Like

Great - glad you got the support you needed!

Sam