Pre-Screening & Managing too many enquiries?

Hi @lesley247 - Thanks for your post.

Firstly, you’re always welcome to contact our customer support team if you run into issues. I can see you’re not actually advertising with us right now, and appreciate you want to get things right up front so happy to discuss any points raised, much like your concern about photos here:

If you do run into any issues whilst advertising, our team are on hand to help.

Onto your discussion points in this post:

My last advert generated over 100 enquiries almost immediately. OpenRent automatically removed it indicating the property was already let, even though I hadn’t set up a single viewing so it caused COMPLETE CHAOS!!!

The last property you advertised with us was removed because, after several tenants contacted us saying they hadn’t heard back from you in over 48 hours, we also contacted you to confirm if the property was available (and to get back to the tenants). We didn’t hear back from you (and neither did the tenants) so your advert was taken offline to prevent further tenants being ignored / missing out.

I’m afraid what you’re stated above isn’t accurate / correct, and as per your own advert history, you can see you re-enabled your advert and whilst you did have over 100 enquiries, the advert was only paused to prevent more tenants being disappointed.

I’m drafting my next advert but note OpenRent have capped the No of characters/word in the Auto-Reply field to 500 - preventing my last tactic :angry:

Can you send us some details of this? I don’t believe there to be a cap of 500 characters for auto replies. You can learn more about auto-replies here:

However, I think there must be some confusion/misunderstanding somewhere. We’d be happy to address this if you can outline where you saw this limit presented to you.

• PLEASE PLEASE open this field up again. That way the ‘autoreply’ will list my prescreening questionnaire. THAT’S IT, THAT’S ALL I WANT :pray:
    I want to ask open questions, not set discriminatory parameters.

This is already the case, as far as I’m aware.

• PLEASE PLEASE say you won’t remove advert when it reaches 100?
    At least leave it ‘live’ even if you prevent new enquiries.

This is already the case, as far as I’m aware.

• The list of ‘Tenant Enquires’ format does not lend itself to managing so many enquiries, any tips?

We have some tips on managing enquiries here, do take a look:

We’re also keen to hear what anyone else on the community thinks in terms of improvements to enquiry management.

However, if your advert is receiving many many enquiries, and you’re overwhelmed, then 100% pause your advert until you’re caught up. It means you’re clearly not struggling for demand, and by pausing your advert you won’t have multiple tenants reporting your advert due to a lack of response, and more importantly won’t have a hundred disappointed tenants that you need to communicate with / keep in the loop.

I appreciate you want to make sure everything is perfect for your advert, and hopefully it’s clear our team are here to help once you begin advertising, as well as our system having multiple tools to help landlords with underperforming properties all the way to the lucky ones overwhelmed with demand.