Problems with landlord part 2

Hi all, thanks for your help last time - I have further issues I was wondering if someone could help me with? I’ve posted the original at the bottom as-well
So the letting agent (turns out this also my landlord we didn’t know this as when we were shown the property it was made out he’s some random person who employs them to lease the property) has finally sent a builder round after 3 emails and a phone call chasing him for the builder to go oh yeah it looks like this, I’ll pop back when I have space in my diary to fix it - this is the same man who’s been round the last 3 times and nothing has been fixed?? I’m just at a loss on what to do - is there any course of action I can take now? We’re leaving in the next two months so I don’t know what to do!
Another issue has also arisen - the toilet has started leaking rusty water from the back pipe, it appears that it has been rusting for a very long time and has simply been painted over, what’s the timescale the landlord has to fix this? I’ve contacted them and they haven’t responded!
This is all just severely draining and harming me mentally I just don’t feel comfortable in this place and I don’t know what else to do!

Any advice would be great, previous post is below. TIA

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any advice on my below problems,

We’ve rented a house for 6 months starting December 2020 whilst we waiting for our house purchase to go through, likely before June 2021 when our 6 months is up

Since we’ve been in our house we’ve had loads of issues

Issue 1 - the “brand new boiler” broke within 2 months of us moving in leaving us without hot water or heating when it was below freezing outside. We rang the letting office and they sent one of their staff members round at 16:55 the same day (we called at 9am) for him to press a button and say “ I need to call the boiler company they close at 5 sorry” I assume this was so they look like they’ve done something within 24 hours as per the law. However the next day there was no response from the staff member, I text for 3 more days for him to respond “ give the boiler company a ring, number is” so they didn’t actually do anything and this nearly made us so ill from the cold

Issue 2 - the roof above the bay window leaks every time it rains, it’s been 5 months now since we’ve moved in and atleast once a month it rains enough for it to leak. We’ve contacted them several times and they send a builder round who knocks the door and says oh I’m going to do XYZ and then Goes away and the roof proceeds to leak again the next time it trains heavily. The ceiling is now stained and the paint is falling off and the carpet is like a damp stain. We can’t be held liable for this can we out of our deposit?

Issue 3- the garden is awful and needs completely redoing, the letting agent told us the landlord was getting this done in spring and not to touch it. Now it’s completely overgrown with weeds and our tenancy agreement says we need to keep the garden neat & tidy, should we remove all the weeds etc or should we leave it as the letting agent said?

I’m worried we have a dodgy landlord who is going to take our deposit for things we haven’t done and not fix any of the issues. TIA.

There is not much point worrying about the garden now if you’re leaving in 2 months.

If the other items are still outstanding then call in an Environmental Health Officer who will force the landlord to do the repairs. However, this will also be unlikely to benefit you if you’re leaving.

Would have thought a leaking toilet pipe was an ASAP…
All you can do is take your photos and evidence. Tell the relevant council section of hard further evidence. The burden of proof is on the landlord to show the Deposit Service that they are entitled to it.