Tax returns, dates we need to be aware of?

Have the rules changed.? I used to make sure my cheque was in the post by 28th Jan and have never had a penalty. I was always under the impression it had to be posted by the 31st jan?

I am not selling anything in the above posts.

You need to add the pension contribution. I prefer this website as it shows the 40% bracket very clearly.

40% tax

20% tax due to pension

It’s what I do for a living, so I don’t need to visit the HMRC website for details!

I think you may have calculated the dates right. However, I can’t say for sure. There are lots of factors you should consider when finding the precise answer. I tried to calculate and manage my finances too, but it’s a really hard thing to do alone if you have no economist education. I’m a creative person who knows little about technical things and numbers, and my work also doesn’t demand such knowledge

However, I have struggled with managing my finances; separating tax payments, bills, mortgages, etc. Luckily, many apps help manage money like pay stub and they save me every time. Do you guys use them or try to calculate on your own?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.