Unsafe house share due to police action

Hi Open Rent Community
I would appreciate your feedback on this topic.
A recent altercation happened in a house share in which a fellow tenant got violently verbally abusive. As a result the police were called.
As a tenant I do not feel safe in the same house with this person and I have found somewhere else to stay.
My landlord is insisting I pay 2 months rent as a remainder of the 4 months notice period despite the obvious issue.
Landlord has not removed tenant who was violently abusive towards me.
Your advice please.
Kind Regards

So by violent they hit you? If not it was just abusive and not violent.

The landlord cannot just remove someone at another tenants request. Even if they chose to it would take months. It’s not straight forward, the other tenant has rights.

If you want to leave you need to honour your contract terms and are liable to pay rent until your tenancy ends.

If I read that right, you’re saying they’re letting you off two months and only requiring two of the four months you should be paying. If so, that’s a good deal. Take it.

I sympathise with what has happened to you, but as others have said, you are obligated to honour your contract. The Landlord is not responsible for the actions of the other tenant, so the negotiated settlement proposed seems a fair outcome.