When to issue beak clause

I have a property where the tennancy began on the 17th december 2021, I wish to use the break clause to take back posession in June, am I correct to think that if I issue a section 21 notice now, that I am giving the correct notice and acting correctly?
the break clause is an open Rent one as follows;

Mutual Break Clause

12.6. The Initial Term of this tenancy agreement may be terminated by either party giving the other at least two months’ notice in writing, such notice not to expire until at least 6 months after the start of the Term. A notice

13/18

served by the Landlord under section 21 of the Housing Act 1988 shall be sufficient notice under this clause.

The Tenant is obliged to pay rent up to and including the termination date, so if the tenancy is terminated on a date which is not the last day of a rental period, the rent due for any incomplete rental periods will be apportioned accordingly.

Hope you can help.
Thanks
Alan

Today is the first day you can serve a s21 notice and it should suffice to both break hhe fixed term and to give notice for the periodic tenancy that will follow. You should add a couple of days if you plan to post hhe notice. After it expires you would have to apply to court if the tenant doesnt leave

1 Like

Thank you for your swift answer, it is appreciated.