Affordability checks

Lettings agent is unwilling to show me a property aprantly because i cant provide either a tax assessment or guarantor i earn 7,816.46 a year without tax plus personal independence payments for being disabled which is another 8,292 which means i would get 16,108.46 and the property rent was £625 per callendar month which i would be able to cover once a month just from my personal independence payment could somebody advise what i should do please in order to be accepted for a property because i dont really have anybody who would be able to guarantor for me.

Most affordability calculators use a 30x monthly rent to calculate the necessarily annual income, which in your case would be £18750. I suggest you investigate whether you would be entitled to UC top-up so that you are not quoting figures that will exclude you from consideration.

Looks like you haven’t maximised your income. Try one of the benefits checkers. A rough calculation suggests there may be a few £k’s in benefits due to you. You won’t get standard Universal Credit as your income is too high (!!) but you could get the Housing Element which is based on local rents.

Try something like Turn2Us and see what it comes up with. PIP isn’t for rent, it’s to help you cope with the additional costs of life.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.