Bathroom extractor fan

Any recommendations for a bathroom extractor fan ? a few of the bathroom down lights had to be changed recently due to the lack of ventilation rusting the inside of the ceiling down lights.

auto humidity extractor… Unfortunately I have fogotten the name of the ones I fit !!

1 Like

Google for humidity boost trickle fan.

Thanks Guys
will have a search online

Depends on how long the extraction run is to external venting point and how many bends that run has. Bends are bad. Centrifugal fans tend to have the best throw. Next best are in-line axial fans which are often hidden in ceilings or voids. If the fan is venting directly through to the outside wall or on a short run of approx 1m then a regular bathroom extractor may do the job - but in general they are pretty useless. Good extractors will pay for themselves in the cost savings against repairs and mould prevention.

1 Like

its also important you have it on a permanent connection not a switch that the tenants can turn off. a trickle fan will always be on in the background, next to silent but making a very quiet noise, then when it senses humidity it will boost until the moisture is cleared. however, if you have a switch on it I can guarantee the tenants will turn it off because the vast majority of people have no idea about humidity control. if your purpose is to protect your property from mould, etc then make sure it is a permanent feed (meaning it is connected directly to a circuit). of course it may be that there is no circuit in the right location from a ventilation perspective. I have a flat where the window vent has to be kept open for gas safety purposes and despite me putting it in the contract and explaining to the tenants, multiple cycles of tenants tape the vents up,…