Carpet chaos 2 days to sort

that sort of damage if you are responsible you would know how it happened . It is so severe. It looks like Something with sharp “feet” has been dragged across it. I use the gov scheme for deposits. You always have a choice whose services to use.

1 Like

I think he had a computer desk in that corner although when I showed the new tenants around at their viewing it had been replaced with a sofa :thinking:

1 Like

Have you created a letter which they can sign which states they will pay for all damage less wear and tear. Even if theyve moved out. Whilst the AST effectively states this there is a recognised industry formula, which I don’t actually agree with but never the less it’s the norm. If they back out of a verbal contract to pay you could be stuffed. Submission of this letter and their agreement of the deposit scheme should see you paid within days.

2 Likes

No I haven’t heard of getting a letter signed.
I doubt he’ll sign anything now. He hasn’t responded to the Mydeposits notice that I’ve applied to repay the deposit. Could be considering his options or just not got round to it.

I have got check-in photos from the day he moved in showing the corner where the damage was & his computer chair in the photo.

surely that chair could not have caused damage . Looks like it has wheels on it. Probably a heavy metal computer table did damage . likely you will never know

Unless one of the wheels broke &. he didn’t bother replacing it.

Yes there’s a table with metal legs leaning against the wall in the photos