CCJs. Thoughts landlords/tenants

Hey all.

Id like some advice from both landlords and tenants who may have had experience having a tenant with a CCJ or renting with a CCJ. The CCJ was obtained from that tenant being in a previous financially abusive relationship and is a couple of years old, being paid off.

If you have a prospective tenant who has rented for a number of years at their current address, can provide a fantastic reference from their current LL, always paid their rent and utilities on time, and has a secure career - would you still rent to them?
Tenants - have you had any personal experience of this?

Thanks for reading!

If you can prove all this > Yes

2 Likes

If they disclose it all up front voluntarily or when asked (you do ask when they first get in touch, right?) and all else checks out, then I would have no issues with it. Iā€™d prob have a guarantor as well for obvs reasons.

1 Like

Have they provided or they CAN provide if they havent yet it could just be the tenants word that they paid on time (why are they seeking new accommodation) how does ANYONE know they have a secure career these days there are companies that are long standing and have been trading for numerous years making redundancies or closing down
Again how dobyou know the rent and utilities have always been paid on time a prospective tenant isnt going to say well i always pay my gas bill on the final demand and the landlord POSSIBLY wont know

They are seeking a new home due to their current landlord selling the property.

They can provide DD details showing their rent/utilities/council tax etc have all been paid on time.

And their career is one where you can not be made redundant. I have checked.