Council tax issue

Hi all,

Hope you are well.

I just moved in to my current flat November last year. Currently there is me and a friend of mine living there. Its’ council tax band is D. When I registered for council tax, I put both of us in the registration form. Due to miscommunication, she registered her own form as well, so now I am paying £360+ each month (which is equal to 1 month of the £2213 payment in total in a year for band D) and she’s also paying a certain amount for council tax.

Therefore, I just want to ask what is the quickest way to check with the council and claim back the extra amount.

Thanks in advance.

Call them on the phone


This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.