Deed of trust or declaration of trust

I am going to draw deed of trust between myself and my wife. My wife does not work at this moment and I own 3houses buy to let and I am only on mortgage. Do I need to notify HMRC and send them copy of deed of trust ?

Yes, with form 17. There is a specific process to follow if you want to change the beneficial ownership. I wouldnt DIY it if I were you.

1 Like

I Thought that the Form 17 is for those properties that are held in joint legal names between spouses.
I am the owner of the house and I am only on mortgage, does it make any difference?
Anyone else can advice ?