Estate agent contract

Ok long shot, the flats we have were inherited by my partner from his dad who had them managed by an estate agent.
When my partners dad passed the estate agent carried on but my partner has not signed a contract with him we are unsure if the other executor has however as it is joint surely both signatures would be required.
Does this mean that the original contract does not stand as in my opinion you can’t have a contract with a dead man?

The contract is still in place. Assuming your partner’s dad’s estate had probate granted, the contract would now be with “the estate of x”. The executors can end this contract and your partner can then sign a new one. However, whatever period or terms of cancellation are in the contract would still have to be respected.

Thank you for this clarification, now I just need to figure out if we were to give the agent notice but have an existing Tennant where we stand as I understand most agents have a Claus that we must still pay the 12% of monthly rent until tenant leaves.

Nice problem to have. 12% is scandalous. Give the agents notice.

12% is 10%+vat which is pretty typical.

If the contract binds them to tenants that the agency has found they’ll pay regardless of giving notice. Many LLs get stuck in this trap simply cos they don’t read the contracts they sign. Bonkers i know, but there’s no accounting for some people…