Forfeit Holding Deposit - provided false or misleading information

I had a prospective tenant who viewed and mentioned their income as 6K before paying holding deposit.
The reference checks have come back and put income as 0 as the prospective tenant has no income tax returns. The prospective tenant claims to invoice 10k to yodel a month but doesn’t file income taxes. Tenant also has 5 CCJs.

How can I file to forfeit the holding deposit as the tenant has provided misleading information about their income before paying holding deposit. There is no option for me to do it on Open Rent application. If I cancel the holding deposit gets paid back.

Please help.

You need to contact openrent about this. They only monitor forum posts occasionally so may not see this.

They respond here.