Holding deposit it pass more than 48 hours since we place holding deposit

We place holding deposit to rent a property and it passes more than 48 hours. Landlord neither accepts nor reject our application. We put as start tenancy date on 6 October. When I see my application I see the message:

"You have placed a holding deposit on this property - as such, cancelling or pulling out of the tenancy at this stage would normally result in you losing your holding deposit.

As we can see it has been over 24 hours since the holding deposit was placed and the landlord hasn’t responded, you can pull out with no penalty at this stage"

Which is a bit confusing, can we withdraw our application without any losses to our holding deposit, or we still going to lose it? And how long we have to wait?

Can anyone help with this case, and can this message be less confusing?

Hi Vitaly1,

Where the Landlord has not accepted your deposit after 24 hours, you can withdraw your offer and receive a full refund.

Ensure that the text “As we can see it has been over 24 hours since the holding deposit was placed and the landlord hasn’t responded, you can pull out with no penalty at this stage” is visible, and you can continue to withdraw your application and receive a full refund.

If we do not receive a response from the Landlord after 96 hours of the deposit being placed, the holding deposit is automatically refunded, too.

Kind regards,
Matthew.

hello I have a similar problem, I pay a deposit, the landlord did not respond within 96 hours … but I did not receive a refund, after 19 days … help me

Hi @Lucyna

I’ve had a look at your account and we can confirm that the refund was processed from our side and should have reached your account within 10 working days. If you have still not received the funds into your account we’d recommend that you contact your bank for support.

If you have any further questions you can contact our customer support team by clicking the blue “need help” button on the screen.

I have a question pertaining to a landlord accepting a holding deposit, accepting our offer to rent, we then start the reference checks. During our meeting with the landlord at the property, he is still allowing viewings to happen. We are then informed 2 days later that he is withdrawing the property from the market saying it is for personal reasons. The letting agent then sends us an email congratulating us on the signing of our tenancy agreement, however, it was erroneously sent to us and was meant for new tenants that he had take on instead. My question is whether this is ethical and allowed for the landlord to pull out during our referencing check, and give it to another tenant is was willing to pay more (we saw this on the agreement that was sent to us in error)?

Not ethical write a formal complaint to the agent.

Hi

I placed a holding deposit 48hrs ago and the landlord still hasn’t responded to my application.

Ive been slowly in contact with an estate agents but they seem to have no idea what they are doing and I am under the impression that they are still letting people view the property even tho I placed a holding deposit?

What can I do as this is really unfair as I placed the holding deposit before anyone else as I was the first and was told this by the landlord?

Please can someone give me some advice ?

Thank you
Zoe