How to deal with difficult tenant

Hi, I am about to sign RentNow, bringing in one of my properties to OpenRent platform. This will be with a tenant insitu. My question is how do Landlords already with OpenRent deal with difficult tenants especially in the area of fulfilling monthly rental obligation. My current tenant has erratic way of payment of his rent to the managing agent. He pays on the date he feels like paying despite saying he had set up a standing order but yet still pays whenever he likes though he has not missed any month.

Of late he started splitting the rent payment in two installment which does not go well with me.
Please can anyone share your experience and how you deal with this while with OpenRent? I am thinking of a situation when one may have to seek legal advice or intervention, how does this work on OpenRent platform?

I am aware that RentNow agreement does not include Legal advice or intervention, but has to be paid for.

Thanks for your time.

Akin

Does this cause you any problems in practice? Have you had a conversation with the tenant about the issue?

Are you giving the tenant a new tenancy? If so why?

1 Like

Just thinking of unforeseeable experience from him which may require Legal action in case he stops paying rent, now that he has started paying in bits instead of paying once.

if its gone on for 3 months serve a section 21. its sapping your time and energy and it will get worse, it always does.
when you do it stick to your guns, the tenants is just playing with you.
its like lancing a boil, once youve done it its better all round

4 Likes

agree, get the tenant out - we are not baby sitters or charities.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I do agree with your suggestion.

If you have legal on your buildings insurance even if through a freehold/managing agent you can get free advice with them. & possibly even get legal

Thanks Amy, will need to check this clause if there.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.