Is this a break clause?

I am entering into a 12 month tenancy but want to ensure that there is a 6-month break clause. Section 1 of the tenancy has the following clause:

1.9 Initial TERM of the Tenancy will be: 12 Months

Commencing: 12th of April 2022

Expiring: 11th of April 2023

Section 6 of the AST says:

6.0 Special Tenancy Conditions

The following are special or additional clauses negotiated between the Parties.

No deviation from the terms of the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement will be allowed without written

authorisation from the Landlord or his Agent.

It is understood by all Parties to this Agreement that any clauses contained in the Special Tenancy Conditions,

Section 6.0, supersede any terms within the main body of this Tenancy Agreement.

Landlord Break

No less than 2 months notice to be given in accordance with Section 21 of the Housing Act 1988. This means

that the Tenancy cannot end before the last day of the first 6 months of the tenancy term as shown in Clause

1.9 of this Tenancy Agreement.

Tenant Break

No less than 1 months written notice to be given. This means that the Tenancy cannot end before the last day

of the first 6 months of the tenancy term as shown in Clause 1.9 of this Tenancy Agreement.

For this Tenancy there are no Special Conditions

The agent says that the above constitutes a 6-month break clause. I am not sure. I can see that it says that the tenancy ‘cannot end before the last day of the first 6 months of the tenancy term’ but where does it say that the tenancy ‘can’ end after the last day of the first 6 months (if I provide sufficient notice)?

Any help appreicated - thanks

Its not very well drafted, but I think it does mean that you can give one months notice to expire at any time after the first 6 months. I certainly think that is how a court would interpret it if the landlord/agent ever tries to suggest otherwise.

Write/email to the agent to ask for confirmation that the tenancy does contain a six month break cause.
Make sure they reply in writing.