Landlord Serving Notice Template

If you are serving notice on tenants is it sufficient to send a letter to give notice to end the tenancy? Or is the correct protocol to send a form 6(A), section 21 of the housing act? I used the OpenRent AST template initially and it has lapsed to a periodic tenancy. If a letter is sufficient, please can anyone provide a good template?

Send a section 21 notice
Then if they don’t leave you won’t lose time if you then do have to send notice

1 Like

You must use form 6a. Check if your s21 notice is compliant here: Section 21 flowchart - Nearly Legal: Housing Law News and Comment

There is a free template of the Form 6a on the website.