Leaving a tenancy early

Hello,

I started renting a property with a 12-month contract last week, and I’m already desperate to leave. Is there anything I can do? I understand it might be possible if I find a replacement tenant, are there any suggestions for where to start here?

There are a few reasons for wanting to leave, the main one being we have a communal garden outside our flat, and the neighbours have hired a bouncy castle. They have placed it right in front of our living room. We have only been here three days but for the last 2 they have had it on from 11am until 8.30pm non-stop. I know it has already been here for three weeks and when it is on it is so loud in our living room. I work from home and it is making it incredibly challenging.

The flat itself isn’t in great condition either. There is mould on some walls, the carbon monoxide detector expired two years ago, the smoke detector had dead batteries, there is urine smell coming from the carpet, part of the cooker doesn’t work and the list goes on. We have asked the landlord about cleaning the carpet but have had no response.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Talk to the neighbour about moving it. If theh won’t then report them to hhe Council for ASB

Hi David,
I think we might have to do that. The problem is a lot of people in the flats have kids so obviously love the bouncy castle. It has got to the point where the kids keep banging on our windows to get our attention and keep ringing the buzzer and then running away. Really not sure if we can put up with this for a year.