New tenant is not maintaining/cleaning flat

“tenants have no power” you have to be joking They can go to the council , sue, see env. health. apart from anything else it was not JUST a biro on a sofa, there were other concerns as well… justified or not is a matter of opinion.

3 Likes

She is not respecting your property. This can cause all sorts of vermin including mice, rats, cockroaches.

Just request she keep the place reasonably clean and tidy, as per the AST and that you will do a formal inspection as scheduled. Goodluck .best wishes. Mel

2 Likes

I’ve just seen your post and thought I’d mention my set up, which is that my rental agreement includes weekly cleaning by my cleaner. It’s invaluable as she let’s me know of any problems. I highly recommend it as a way of keeping tabs on the state of your property.

1 Like

Can you impose non-essential services (outside utilities in all-inclusive deals) on tenants? Would it be considered as going against any ‘quiet enjoyment’ clause?

I don’t know but my tenant welcomed it