No heating in the flat

I move into this property on the 10th and since then there’s been no heating. I reported the problem online but no reply. I messaged the landlord and he said he will get some engineers out but it’s now 6 days without heating and I’m getting frustrated. I’ve literally been sleeping downstairs because I’m using the oven as a heater and the heat doesn’t reach upstairs. Please help or give me my money back so I can find somewhere else

Buy an oil filled radiator for £30 and request landlord pays. Dont pay excessive amount, only something basic.

Landlord should update you soon hopefully, but perhaps a gentle reminder is in order.

Communicate clearly and politely in writing. What type of heating are you supposed to have ? Do you have hot water?

Have you checked all the simple fixes? Is something turned off somewhere? Has a fuse tripped? Is there credit on the meter? Lots of reasons why heating may not appear to work that don’t require an engineer. If you tell us more about the system (gas / electric / storage heaters etc) we might be able to help.

Only your Landlord can assist in this

This isn’t how things work.

Could the problem be you don’t know how to use heating?

Landlord needs time to diagnose and establish what the problem is.

I imagine you have signed a contract for several months?

You need to contact landlord direct to discuss the issue.