Open rent contract vs DIY tennancy agreement

Hello, can anyone recommend where to get a robust free or low cost tennancy agreement from. I am considering using openrent but I would prefer to have a word template that I can use multiple time and add in the details myself, rather than a pdf. I also want an inspection clause in there. Thank you.

Join NRLA so that you can download theirs whenever you need it along with the ohher documents you need.

1 Like

Thanks David, is it a robust tennancy agreement they provide?

Hi @Kadbury - you can see full details of our tenancy creation flow here:

It’s only £49, and removes far more than £49 worth of admin (including setting up the contract correctly!). There is a lot more to setting up a tenancy than just having an AST.

I also want an inspection clause in there.

You can add custom clauses to our tenancy agreements within rent now very easily. If you want more detail on that, the following two links might help:

Hi maria27. Can you provide a link to the free NRLA AST please?

1 Like

They used to sell tenancy agreements in WH Smith, but I’m not too sure if they are still selling them.

1 Like

The NRLA agreement is ok and is relatively short. You have to be an NRLA member to access it, but if you join you also get access to all their other documents and the advice line. See here: https://www.nrla.org.uk/

1 Like

Thanks I went with the open rent one in the end

1 Like

May I know how to write inspection clause? any link recommend for referencing tenancy terms? Thanks

I do my own, gov site has a free model AST agreement, long document, worth following it and do each point accordingly.

1 Like

The agreement should already have an inspection clause.

1 Like