Openrent took my advert down?

Totally agree. The system is very flawed and it should be that landlords send a tenant they are happy with a link to pay the deposit OR if someone puts deposit down without our agreement Open Rent should state “Your request to place a holiday deposit has been submitted to the landlord and will be acceptor reject within 48 hours”

It’s the one thing that REALLY puts me off Open Rent.

2 Likes

Is anyone from Open rent following this thread?

2 Likes

My advert got removed again .
Anyone know the reason why ?
Is it because I haven’t replied to all the inquires ?
When some people just reply with “Call me on phone number blah blsh blh”
I dont reply to those .
Is that the reason why my advert got removed ?

If you havent agreed a tenancy with anyone yet, try and ‘‘republish’’ the listing… hopefully that works!

I know you should only take 1 holding deposit but you may still want to show the property until they pass referencing.
It would be good if Openrent offered rent guarantee again.

As landlord quite new to Openrent I almost fell foul of that same thing. If anyone places a deposit without clearing it with you first, reject it immediately or your property appears a let agreed!
Some tenants have worked out that if they place a deposit the Property then it comes off the market and they have a much better chance of success.
Openrent please fix this flaw!

3 Likes

they would not have a better chance with me. I would make it clear if they do that without my say so, then their chances of renting a place the place are ZERO

4 Likes

I agree with Colin here, no way in hell I’d accept that tenant.

4 Likes

And still no reply from Open rent on this issue.
Just remind me please who is it that pays their fees.

1 Like

My advert was taken down because I received 100 enquiries. If I republish, am I charged again?
I received a holding deposit from someone who had not viewed, so I rejected and asked Open Rent to return.
Two things need to happen. Potential tenants should not be able to pay holding deposit without landlord agreement. Secondly, the arbitrary 100 limit needs to be increased.
OPEN RENT - PLEASE RESPOND

1 Like

If you republish the advert you wont be charged again, this is what happened to me. I was just charged the original £49.

2 Likes

agree entirely. i had several people press the green button, and also when openrent removed the listing after 100 replies i gots lots of angry people calling me a liar and a timewaster etc. its possible to lose good potential tenants from this

3 Likes

Open Rent took down my advert before I held the first viewing. Crazy

2 Likes