Price reduction

Hi, does anyone know if we reduce the asking price on an advert do the people who have already viewed the property get informed of this ?

Thanks for your help

I dont think so although if they have an alert set up on rightmove tgey will get an email from rightmove saying its reduced.

Sorry but why would you want to reduce the rent in todays climate, if you reduce the rent it could be deemed the property is not upto scratch and work against you.
Are you just on openrent or rightmove etc, if you are on just openrent pay the extra for the other sites you will find you get far more responses and a better clientele.
The other thing to try is take the addvert down for a coulple of weeks then increase the rent and readvertise.

… Unless you overpriced it in the first place!

2 Likes

There is no point in using the free service. Ads need to be on RightMove to get the interest. Pay the extra if you haven’t, you won’t regret it.

You don’t need the rent now service, just the £29 one if youre able to do the paperwork yourself. (Don’t do it unless you know what you are doing!)…

2 Likes

spot on. rightmove is the place

1 Like

I sometimes turn down a higher paying tenant if I think someone else is suitable.

If you agree a discount with a prospective tenant it is possible for them to propose a reduced rent when paying the holding deposit. You then have the option of accepting that.

If you do accept, it proceeds on the basis of the new rent and no one else will know about it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.