Rent increase procedure

Well Philip how interesting, I have read Collin’s post and your response and it has triggered my post to you now for anyone else to read and I just want to make a couple of points clear and the first point is that Colin has suggested no such thing or implied any such thing that you have perceived.
What did you choose to perceive by that is all you’re doing only what Colin is trying to make clear that sometimes a tenant can say or do something which should arouse suspicion and one of them is moving quickly however this does not mean that everyone is guilty of beingUp to no good it just means that one should be aware and vigilant in order to protect one’s own property and interest and therefore simply investigate the suspicion more towards arriving at a logical sensible fair and reasonable conclusion or not.
I also feel rather strongly that you simply haven’t experienced all experiences being a property developer otherwise you wouldn’t of responded the way that you did as Colin is a very experienced landlord and he has seen it all so instead of perceiving something negative from the negative, then maybe you should just be saying thank you very much for your helpful information and just be on your way as it is your choice to heed warning or not.
I also have only negative experiences with anyone trying to rush me doing the quick quick quick move in. This doesn’t mean you don’t grand tenancy it just means you need to dig more.
Don’t worry Philip if you don’t want to cash in for free by acquiring other peoples experience and using it to your own advantage then you don’t need to you can wait and then suffer all by yourself and learn the hard way if you wish to do so that’s not a problem also, but you shouldn’t be attacking somebody trying to give sound advice just because you don’t like or agree with the advice just say thank you & be on your way

Sounds like a very good advice I myself have never increased anybody’s rent during the tenancy but it is something I’m going to now start to do I’ll look at doing for sure especially after reading your post as it’s a swift reminder that I probably should be increasing the rent and I am thinking of proposing an offer of a tenancy renewal and if they don’t choose to do so then I increase the rent yet if they do re-signup for another year I will freeze the existing rent as it is as an incentive to lock them in again is my way of thinking I shall run it through the NLA first though.
Thanks