Renters reform bill- pets

Get your own property and you can have as many animals as you wish! You conveniently forget that you are a guest in a house you DONT OWN.

2 Likes

Interesting theory regarding the government wanting to force house sales to get a fast injection of CG Tax however, can it really be that practical when all that would evolve is a lot of tenants sleeping in tents as we are all aware local councils have no housing stock to offer applicants.

2 Likes

Can I ask, where do you shit and dispose of it?

You best stay in France. There is no call to use foul language. When you do a landlord will think"I do not need this person"

4 Likes

Many renters with pets act like it’s a god given right for every landlord to put up with it. So defensive to reasonable questions about the behaviour of their pet, which could potentially cause a lot of damage and a helluva lot more hassle for LL.

4 Likes

I apologise, but I knew that I would recieve negative comments.

You really are something else. I am delighted to confirm that I would never ever rent any of my properties to you with or without pets. Your language sounds like an open sewer. I suggest that’s where you successfully go make a home.

2 Likes

You expect Landlords to be more understanding?? Try telling that to a landlord who has had his house trashed and spent four days in Court trying to recover “pet”damage costs and still ended up out of pocket !!
If you want to keep animals go buy your own home and open a zoo with my blessing. it’s unreasonable to expect and demand Landlords to shoulder all the hassle and problems associated with housing other peoples animals many tenants of which are clueless in managing a pet other than playing fetch by throwing a ball. So how about selfish tenants consider who’s property their living in?

2 Likes

Best leave this topic alone now as it seves no useful purpose

1 Like

I totally agree with you on that!

Writing as a both a tenant and a dog-lover, my take on this is that pet-owning tenants should have to take out insurance as a condition of being given tenancy. It comes under the heading of ‘responsibility’ I should think. Why expect the landlord to take the risk paying of damage to his property? Totally unfair.

2 Likes

Pet insurance is worthless. Have to claim per incident. Excess to pay on every incident (hundreds). After a few incidents the premium rise makes it unaffordable. It will not pay for the typical huge end of tenancy clean up iE you cannot let damage build up and they will cover it. It can easily be cancelled by tenant even if it were any good. It’s absolutely useless.

Also anything that it replaces doesn’t have to match existing iE kitchen doors or furniture and forget about the idea of them swapping the lot because of this!!

4 Likes

I discriminate against tenants like tenants discriminate against properties. I choose based on suitability FOR ME.

5 Likes

That’s a silly reply on many levels. Every house has a toilet for human use, but the situation for dogs is quite different. I am a dog owner in my own house, I have a 40kg pointer-lab cross. It does big poops three times daily. I pick it up in the garden in bags, put it into my secure, sealed poop bin, then once a week take all the collected poop to the local public dog poop bin to dispose of it. I would not be comfortable to have renters flush it down the human toilet, or put it in the normal bin. Particularly for people in flats with no garden. As dogs don’t have the use of a human lavatory, it is a perfectly reasonable question to ask how the poop will be disposed of.

5 Likes

Regardless of change in legislation I don’t believe that acquiring a new tenancy with a pet will be as cut and dry as you may think . The Landlord has still the option of choice and I for one will choose an applicant without a pet every time!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.