Served sec 21 what to do now

No you don’t as what you are doing via the link I posted is asking for rent payments to be made directly to yourself so you are not enquiring about amounts or personal data.
The link I posted is for direct payments from any Housing Costs that are included in the UC claim.
I have no idea if you can claim arrears through here.
Maybe if you found out your tenants were claiming and you got authority for direct payment then the UC dept would consider making a small deduction towards any arrears, I have no idea to be honest.
But for a tenant who is in-situ now and on UC with a Housing Cost element included you have every right to at least request direct payment if you have good reason to do so.
All you need is tenants DOB and they will get back to you in a few days.

I phoned up as didn’t have tenants DOB (or his permission) and they told me he wasn’t claiming it.

Via the online link for direct payment they will tell you if there is no claim in progress if that is the case.
But if you don’t know just claim for direct payment and you will find out this way.
Our tenants said they weren’t claiming, I filled this in to see and found out they were and got direct payment.

As we have 7 months rent arrears are we able to apply to the court for a hearing before August??

the courts will be very busy

Join NRLA (National Residential Landlords Association) - they have an excellent helpline and offer all kinds of services.
Consider employing https://www.landlordaction.co.uk/ - they help landlords to recover their property and debt recovery.
You need to ensure that all the details of your notices and case are correct. This is what Landlord Action specializes in.

My tenant is claiming UC. He’s in 3 months arrears. Can I ring UC and ask them to pay me the arrears or ask them what I should do about future payments. I’ve served my tenant with a s21. He’s in breathing space till February 22 because he’s a very savvy tenant. The government love to give tenants loopholes to hide behind and hurdles for landlords.

Hi. You can fill in the online form to have a direct payment to yourself. Tick all the boxes that you think are relevant.
I believe the tenant may be able to stop the direct payments once they realise but you may get something.

Really wish you luck.

Hi again.
Just an update.
My tenant hasn’t moved out instead he’s staying put.
The section 21 two months notice ended so my solicitor make a claim for possession to the court. The papers were sent to my tenant and he filed a defence. Even though he’s signed letters to say he’s received the gas safe certificates and EPC hes said in the defence form he hasn’t. But the judge as recieved them via my solicitor.
He’s also saying that I’ve harassed him assaulted him in this form. He’s said that he’s only receiving universal credit which I’ve proved he’s working in a pub 4 nights per week.
Yes everyone your right!! What a total mess I’m in. If only I’d of not listened to a friend that said he’s a perfect future tenant.
I even accepted this tenant with a dog which now is making it even harder for him to find another stupid landlord that accepts dogs.
My solicitor as told me he’s represented the best landlords and still the courts have favoured the bad tenant. So I’m expecting the worst in court on the 31st of March.
There was me thinking that if all the correct documents were served before the section 21 notice was served, nothing else mattered because its a none fault eviction. But this is verging on section 8 and obviously my tenant stopped paying the rent staight after the 21 notice was served. 6 months arrears to date.
I have got the worst tenant from hell imaginable.
Dave on this forum once wrote, even the most incompetent landlord will eventually get his/her property back. Well dave I’ve learnt the hard way and god I’m paying for it.

Sorry to hear that user62. I hope youve got a good solicitor.