OpenRent Community

Stamp Duty Holiday Strategy

I saw a nice and cheap property to BTL but the owner is planning to secure an offer from us first and then start looking. So it is chained and obviously annoying for Stamp Duty Holiday investors.

So, i am thinking if i can agree with them that i complete the purchase before the holiday ends and rent it to them so they can still stay until they have found a property/

Just an idea and not sure if this is something can be done or has been done realistically speaking?

Any suggestions would help.

Sale and rent back is an FCA regulated activity. I wouldnt even consider this option if I were you. The tenant would be entitled to at least a five year tenancy.

1 Like

That is if you are a firm isn’t it?

Not just companies. See: Sale and rent back schemes - Shelter England

My understanding is that there is no stamp duty holiday for buy to let properties. I was looking to get another but advised i have to pay 3% as I own other properties.

The 3% is still payable for BTL

And so it should be.

The SDH is intended to allow people to move home, not to give you greedy lot an opportunity to exploit!

chip on shoulder and jealous as well

1 Like

landlord are never greedy, it is simply an investment in a modern capitalist world. People work hard and save up their money in the bank, buying funds, stocks or invest in a property it is simply a place to store your money and earn interest.

2 Likes