Tenancy agreement questions

Hi all,
I am new landlord and using this service first time…
I am wondering once I did rent now option, will I be able to change tenancy agreement wording and terms of is it standard agreement. Thanks

Maulik

You can make amendments, although the law supersedes a tenancy agreement and so the standard terms will be compliant with the law so you need to ensure any changes are also compliant with tenancy law.

2 Likes

What changes do you want to make?

I have just bought a property with tenants in situ and agreed to increase the rent…I would like to do tenancy where next two months rent will be what tenant is paying and after that it will be new monthly payment as it gives them chance. Do you think I can make those changes. Thank

When was their last rent increase? The tenants are not obliged to sign a new tenancy agreement at all, so its by negotiation. The easiest thing may be to leave them under their existing tenancy agreement for the next 2 months, (you just serve a s48/s3 notice to step into the previous landlords shoes) and then, if you can persuade them, sign a new agreement at the new rent in 2 months time.

Hi David,
Thanks you for your response. Tenancy is already expired as tenant is on rolling period of tenancy

Yes, but you inherit their rolling periodic tenancy, which is still valid.

Thanks David. I will get that sorted…cheers