If I raise rent do I need a new AST?

Thanks for all the input on raising the rent in my property. Assuming an amicably agreed rent increase, do I have to start a new tenancy agreement or can we stay on our current rolling contract? I want to stay rolling as there’s a chance I’ll sell. Thanks!

You dont need a new tenancy. Either mutual agreement or a s13 notice are fine with a periodic tenancy.