Very little interest in listing

Hi there,

I’ve rented 2 properties very easily through open rent over the last few years however I’ve just relisted one a few days ago and am having very little interest compared to previous occasions where I was inundated. Has something changed on open rent to warrant such little interest? I think the price is mid range of the local area and it’s available from mid Nov so not that far in advance. I’m just listing it on Open rent and no other platforms, but this is always what I have done. Anyway insights would be great to hear. Thanks, Shelley

The only platform worth bothering with is rightmove due to its market share.

In Dec 2025, Zoopla found that UK tenant demand had fallen by about 20% year-on-year, reaching its lowest level for six years.

1 Like

@Shelley8

I have alerts set up on RM to track the asking prices in my area. I have noticed over the last 18 months or so the number of properties that have become available have decreased dramatically. Also LLs used to frequently state that they were inundated with interest from up to 100 applicants which is Openrents limit before they would stop marketing. I don’t know why things have changed. It is probably due to a number of factors associated with the introduction of the RRA. Long void periods are a reality going forward.

Best!

1 Like

Absolutely on same boat: we rented our flat twice in the petiod of 5-6 years, our advert from Friday has very little interactions, only few view requests compare to 20+ couple of years ago fir same period.

We listed towards low-mid of average price wise, quite shocked from responses.

Good luck.

1 Like

I had a 2 bed flat that I was getting ready to rent in May. I noticed the lowest rent for such flats in that postcode at £1850 back then. I had a few personal issues so only managed to advertise the flat in September /October this year - the lowest rent now seems £1500 for the same sized property in same postcode. A large number of such properties seemed to have flooded the market. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I’ve got the same problem, I’ve even looked at similar properties on RM and offered mine lower but it still hasn’t made any difference and the people that have contacted are complete time wasters.

From talking to agents market v slow and lots of LL who have been unable to sell at price they wanted have been putting properties back for rent.

And when there’s a cost of living crisis people don’t move unless they really have to. It’s more difficult/expensive now with 2m notice

Good luck