What Happens in case of Fire or Flood

I’m asking this as I was asked the same question myself when I was enquiring about Landlords Insurance to an Insurance Company.
If there is a Fire or Flood or other catastrophic damage to the property I’m renting out to my Tenants - am I liable (as the Landlord) to pay for costs to rehouse the tenants or pay for any temporary accommodation that they may require whilst my property is made good?

Many thanks


Am pretty sure without reading it again that in my policy the insurance would cover costs of temporary accommodation.

Insurance will cover the cost of repair as well as the temporary accomodation for your tenant if the house is not inhabitable. That is what insurance for.