Anyone, how do you deal with time wasters!

I have a sim with a separate number I use for adverts. I can just change the number if need be.

1 Like

i hope you are a registered data controller then and have already provided the said tenants with your fair use data processing form.

Hi Rose,
I would agree that most serious prospective tenants will phone as they do not want to miss out is they think they have seen something they want, but obviously that’s not across the board. Personally, I like to talk to them and ask the questions, if you just listen for a few minutes it’s surprising what they will tell you. I haven’t had to look for new tenants for a while but really good to learn of the reject button.

I’ve had 54 applicant for a property I want to rent out of theses probably 90% have failed to respond to the questions I’ve asked, so I’ve rejected them, I’ve had 2 no shows so I’ve also rejected them. Out of those who have viewed I would probably have referenced checked 2 of them, however they never pressed the rent now button so I never pursued it

1 Like

Imagine you are loaning someone your £150,000 Ferrari for six months - what checks you would do on them.
You need to be just as cautious with your £150,000 flat.

1 Like

joyce you have done exactly the right thing in rejecting them. I never get tenants to press the rent now as I deal withit all myself.

In a short sentence, just don’t respond. Follow your 6th sense. If folks don’t respond to your initial query and prescreen questions then don’t stress yourself with the endless back and forth. If they can’t be bothered to register real name, provide their real phone number (so you can talk) then they are not serious. Just move on to the next. It’s your place. This is a symptom of what could happen if you have this person as a tenant.

1 Like