Anyone selling up?

Unlikely, they have decided landlords are mugs who will vote tory whatever happens, whereas tenants can be convinced to vote for them if they crack down on landlords

2 Likes

Germany is much more dependent on Russia, so they get problems earlier than we do. But you’re right, better prepare ourselves for something similar.

I am fitting a woodburner with an oven , and a propane hob as well as the mains gas one. JIC. (just in case) I have also plumbed in 8 x 1000 litre IBC tanks to my roofs at home Then disguised them with a fence.This means I can at least water the garden and flush the loo in the event of a water shortage We do not know what the future holds , save that it will not be as rosy as the past

1 Like

I have a caravan sitting on my front path with three full gas bottles… maybe I should get 5,…

1 Like

That is a great standby as a reserve

This sounds good but burning wood is not allowed where I live

there are Defra approved stoves even in smokeless zones (which i am not in ) you cannot put in any old stove

2 Likes

on the point of selling up, with the interest rates increased and increased inflation and recession predicted, don’t you all think that the property prices might not appreciate much. This in turn also might be a good time to keep because people won’t have money to buy and there will be a steady increase of tenants. However, whether we can increase rents to balance our books is doubtful. Most landlords have 1 or 2 properties as a pension security, Axing them by the govt is a bad move. Are we all able to do anything about it? My MP is of no use. How can we take this forward collectively now?

1 Like

it is all a lottery Building work is booming ,I thought it would have collapsed by now. I sell il
insulation to a lot of Builders and they are busy, some though are saying there is less work coming thru. Bricklayers are quids in, it cannot last. I have seen the busts before, If gas and elec go up again tenants will stuggle to pay higher rents. I am ok as I have no mortgages and have money in the bank , However this does not stop me worrying about others esp my children

1 Like

so how to fix the crisis we have, I am thinking of writing to Sunak or Truss

the bosses never ask the soldiers at ground level how to fix a problem. They ask a biased organisation . or have their own view as wealthy individuals

1 Like

We’ve decided to sell up in Exeter, the market isn’t so strong in London atm

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.