Are people getting as many enquiries during lockdown?

Fingers crossed, Bee, Karin and Dean. Crazy times, we will have to see how it plays out…

1 Like

Lynn, don’t give up on OpenRent, I’ve always had an excellent response and great tenants…

Mine is also zone 3 West London and I’ve had very few enquiries unfortunately. The property is priced competitively (cheapest rent in the last 3 years to reflect the current market conditions) and the place has been fully refurbished 18 months ago and professionally cleaned since the last tenant. It was let out in less than a week last time it was advertised, pre-COVID of course. I didn’t even have any enquiries for a couple of weeks after I first advertised. Reassuring to know I’m not the only one!

My property is in Purley, zone 6. Normally this property would rent in a couple of weeks at the most however, it has been there for around six weeks now.

We can only hope Mita that the world rights itself very soon :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Just to give the perspective of a tenant who is currently thinking about moving…

We (professional couple) got to the end of our 12-month contract in May and are now into a rolling contract. We’re looking around tentatively… but in no rush to move. I’m seeing very few ‘let agreed’ properties on rightmove and lots of price cuts, some of theses are quite dramatic. I don’t think that’s going to reverse any time soon, I also suspect that ‘interesting things’ might happen in the market when the furlough scheme ends in October…

Given the uncertainty in these times, I think a lot of tenants are not prepared to commit to a 1 year AST right now. If I were a landlord, I’d be thinking of how to mitigate for this, and trying to price ahead of the market…

2 Likes

Thanks Chris for your input from ‘the other side of the coin’. Definitely it’s a different market now… I wonder how long this ‘new normal’ will last? Good luck to all whether landlords or tenants that are in limbo at the moment. Sarah

1 Like