Bank Statements required from tenants

Several people showed up to give you advice about how you can comply with a very reasonable request without revealing any personal or sensitive data.

You have responded by being rude and shutting people down.

You appear completely unsympathetic to the fact that private landlords are overall people who also have to work and pay bills and put food on the table who take a tremendous financial risk by letting their property to a stranger.

What they need to feel confident they’re making a safe choice is their business.

3 Likes

I was replying to Darren and put it under the wrong heading. I only have one eye and its in the middle of my forehead Butt (2 t’s) I make a living.

2 Likes

How to make friends and influence people :relaxed:

1 Like

It was exactly the same when in my younger days I was a male model. but had to stop as my energy levels went down when I reached 60. Butt , (2t’s ) thats life

1 Like

From my experience when you have genuine tenants who have nothing to hide they do not have problems of hiding
Information and give their bank statements, period of income payslips etc As they do understand that they are renting
is landlord’s assets and have mortgages expenses to way and they are working to earn their living.

Also I have an experience of one good tenant as when I asked
what he was doing and when he told me what he was doing so I Knew that he was earning a good income. Then when I talked about reference and credit check then he honestly said to me that my credit check won’t pass because I made a mistake a few years back but he got a guarantor.

There was an another case when I lied to me about saying he did not have CCJ but I checked on gov.uk website
and he had CCJ and also refusing in giving certain information.

Very good tenants are aware of all rules and general
tenants responsibility as well as landlord’s.

3 Likes

I’m not getting anywhere here so don’t bother replying anymore as I’ve turned off notifications thanks

Sorry that no one was able to validate your sense of baseless entitlement. Good luck finding a place to rent!

2 Likes

Why don’t you just go away you troll …Deleting your rude comments too …You probably aren’t even a Landlord anyway

Renting a property requires trust between two parties. A landlord may be bad . A tenant may be bad . It takes all sorts. In my experience as a builder/landlord I have come across all sorts of people. The best generally speaking are those who have "humble " jobs ,and I mean that in a nice way… A bus driver who had 4 children I always remember had us sit down and join his family eating beans on toast during the work on his house, in a little terrace house. Another job, an accountant, in 3 months never offered a cup of tea. He had a PhD. big house! Nothing to do with renting but I love how it illustrates how you cannot judge a person by their earnings

3 Likes