CENTRAL SCOTLAND Accommodation for 1 adult MALE

Good Morning Guys

I am actively seeking a rental property in the centre of Scotland, ideally anywhere from Perth to Falkirk, the Landlord would need to accept Universal Credit Housing Element for rent, though I can pay the short fall of slightly over. I receive Universal credit sickness and and Adult disability as income so, at the moment I pay £394.30 to my landlord every month as stated on my tenancy agreement but I’m quite sure Universal credit pay every 4 weeks and he is happy. I also decided to ask the landlord to set it up so my rent was paid directly to him, saves me paying it to him and gives him peace of mind, not he needs it, his rent is Guaranteed. I pay all my Bills on time. I’m fairly domesticated. I am looking for accommodation in an area which is suitable for an elderly woman to travel to on public transport and walk about, she’s my mother, it’s not alot to ask, for a secure property, DG, central heating, ventilation, no damp, in a half decent area, or if city or town centre with CCTV about. 1st months rent and deposit not an issue and would be paid as soon as need be. Furnished is great unfurnished is ok 2. I have a Guarantor and reference from my current Landlord, I am a verified tenant on Openrent.co.uk. if you are reading this and can help please get intouch. Even any advice or anyone with contacts who maybe able to help me, and make a sad man happy. Long Term

Thanks Guys

Joseph

Hey Joseph, is your situation better now?

Unfortunately can’t help myself, can only send some virtual support and empathy.
I’m in a very similar situation though I’m a lady (I also live in Falkirk, receive UC with LCWRA + ADP, excellent credit rating score, never had any rent arrears) and find it hard to get anything at the moment. There is literally nothing available! I’ve applied for council housing, housing associations and looking privately. Private rent wise, it’s a nightmare to even get a viewing! Had a few cancellations because someone has already reserved a property.

My landlords are in a crap financial situations themselves and decided to sell the property I’m living in. Seems like they’ll have to take me to the Tribunal for eviction order if don’t manage to find something soon’ish.

Feel free to get in touch if you want.

A.