Change in deposit and tenancy agreement name

Hi - One of my tenants wants to move and and has found a replacement tenant to fulfil the contract. I wish to replace their names on the tenancy agreement and the deposit. Is this easy to do?

No. You have to end one tenancy with a deed of surrender, do a full checkout inspection and refund any deposit, then do a whole new tenancy for the new person with a new deposit and all other required documents.

In order to transfer tenancy from one person to another, a deed of surrender must first be executed to end the existing tenancy. After that, a full checkout inspection should be conducted and any deposit should be refunded. Once this is done, a new tenancy agreement should be created for the new tenant, which includes a new deposit and all other necessary documents.

Agree - I had this, don’t do it! you do need to do what the others on this chat have suggested. Total nightmare I’ve ended up in now.

1 Like

Absolutely follow tge the above. Deed of surrender. New tenancy!! No other way. You will get burned

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.