Customer Service just cant be bothered

Hi, I have now been trying for weeks to merge an old account into a new one. As you are unable to talk to anyone in CS i have to rely on e mail. which just lands in a central pot so you never get a response from the same person. They seem incapable of reading the history and just send out the standard e mail of how to merge accounts.
I’ve even sent them screen shots of the error message i am receiving but they just send out the dame response. I am now at a point of either finding another platform to use or just going without because i just don’t have the time for this
OR used to be really good a while ago when i first started using them but now its just not worth the effort.

Hi @Robert28 -

I’ve spent a bit of time looking at this, and it seems you are trying to merge two accounts that are on the same tenancy together (landlord and landlord co-signatory). I’m afraid this isn’t possible, due to the fact that the tenancy requires both a landlord and landlord co-signatory to be present and these need to be separate people / account holders legally (and must have been at time of signing the contract).

You should have been presented with the message:

Unable to merge two accounts which are in a tenancy together. Listing ID: 1078306

Perhaps if you’re simply looking to change email address you could ask the co-signatory account holder to change their email first, and then you can change the email address on your account to match theirs? I’m assuming you’ve taken over the co-signatories email account? But it’s a little unclear from your post, and your emails, what you are trying to achieve.

I hope you appreciate this is an unusual situation, and not something I imagine our customer support team have seen before. We can do our best to help, but will probably need some guidance on what has happened here, and what you are aiming for as an end result.

Generally merging two accounts is done when a single person accidentally creates two accounts, in this case though it’s clearly two separate people, so merging might not be the most appropriate course of action. Hopefully we can get this resolved for you though with a little more information.

Kind regards,
Daz.

Hi Robert,

I followed up with our CS team on this, and they’ve pointed out that we sent you this information roughly a year ago (14:47:52 19/05/23). The exact email was:

Hi Robert,

This has been passed onto me by my colleagues.

Apologies for the repetition when it came to the team’s responses. I
appreciate this will have been frustrating.

A merge would usually be possible however given how both accounts are party
to a tenancy - namely, with your wife acting as co-signatory for you on [address redacted for privacy].

The merge function is there to fix the problem where one individual has
created two accounts.

It’s not possible to therefore merge in this instance so we’d suggest
saving the login details of both accounts on your device(s) to ensure that
logging in and handling your [address redacted] property is as seamless as
possible.

Kind regards,
[redacted OpenRent representative]

I’m afraid merging two accounts, where they are both party to the same tenancy, is still not possible due to the legal ramifications of merging two legal entities (you and your wife) into a single account (which would have only a single access history/log/access).

Having been told this last year, I’m a little confused at the accusation in your original post now that you are unable to speak to anyone or get support, but if you simply forgot then not to worry and hopefully it was helpful to have this information re-iterated.

Kind regards,
Daz.

3 Likes